Job title: Anti-Fraud Data Scientist
Job description: Anti-Fraud Data Scientist (Location: San Francisco or Sunnyvale, CA, USA)
Appen is the world’s leading innovative technology company, providing high-quality language and data services for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen is headquartered in Sydney, Australia and has subsidiaries in United States, United Kingdom, Philippines, and China. Appen has more than 20 years of experience in collecting and processing a variety of data, including data types such as speech, text, and images, etc. Appen has a pool of more than 1 million prequalified crowd resources around the world able to provide data collection and processing services in more than 180 languages. Appen’s client include global leaders in high-tech, automotive, e-commerce, etc. and governments to help them develop and improve products and technologies based on natural language understanding and machine learning. Appen is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange with stock code: APX
Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only good training data can produce the best machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high quality in a scalable way is incredibly challenging, and very few companies can do it. The whole AI world is starving for great training data. Appen is the market lead in training data generation field for more than 22 years. It generates all kinds of training data like content relevance, image & video, text & audio, as well as data capturing.
Appen Tech team is solving the AI data problem by combining the power of humans and technology. This world-class and exciting engineering position awaits a qualified candidate who will join Appen’s data science team.
We are seeking a data scientist with hands-on expertise in the domain of fraud detection, software development, and machine learning to build AI solutions to improve millions of annotators’ quality at scale.
You get the opportunity to work with our global tech team. It is a leading data company with a start-up culture. And we only want people who want to make a huge impact on the AI world instead of just a job!
As a Data Scientist at Appen, you will help us make better decisions by building and advocating for data-driven approaches across the organization. Your analysis will contribute to our fraud detection and prevention strategy across the business to improve millions of annotators’ quality at scale.
- Analyze, discover, and combat new fraud exploits, communicate the impact, develop and validate automatic fraud detection controls using rule-based filters, statistics methods, or machine learning models.
- Drive the alignment and product ownership on key areas with a broad range of stakeholders, such as Product, Engineers, Data Scientist, Operations to achieve shared objectives, provide strategic insight and solution.
- Experience with end-to-end ownership of projects including development, deployment, and maintenance of code in production environment, A/B test, and build dashboards and reports to communicate the impact of specific fraudulent behaviors, trends, and patterns to business stakeholders.
- Manage ongoing monitoring activities and provide support on case investigation.
- Serve as subject matter expert, drive thought leadership at the areas of fraud detection and management.
- Minimum 3+ years of industrial experience in fraud detection, risk management, trust and safety or other relevant industry.
- Advanced degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Excellent programming skills, able to write clean and maintainable code and unit tests (SQL, Python, or other programming languages) in production environment.
- Advanced knowledge in experimental design and statistics methods
- Advanced knowledge on modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, such as classification, regression, or anomaly detection
- A demonstrated ability and desire to think and act like an owner. You take a highly proactive approach to your work.
- Familiarity with ETL pipelines and building backend microservices.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail
- Pragmatics and bias for simple solutions
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written in English
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Desire to continually learn, adapt and work in a fun, fast paced environment.
Location: San Francisco, CA – Sunnyvale, CA
Job date: Fri, 04 Jun 2021 22:34:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!