Job title: Mobile App Dev Sr Android
Company: City National Bank
Job description: Job Description
MOBILE APPLICATION DEVELOPER SENIOR – ANDROID
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
As a member of the Digital Technologies Group, the Mobile Application Developer is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining mobile applications for City National Bank. The group is continuously working to improve our Agile, Engineering, and DevOps practices and this role will be expected to actively participate in these efforts. At its core, this role requires excellent problem-solving skills and Kotlin/Java coding capability. Candidate will need to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence engineering and business team members across many projects and departmental boundaries. Additionally, candidate should not be afraid to get their hands dirty working incident responses, writing code, configuring applications, troubleshooting issues, digging into logs, looking at metrics, etc. Candidate will be a key member of successful independent teams that solve problems in an efficient and timely manner.At this level the main challenge is to identify causes and implement solutions to business problems in a multifunctional project, assessing and communicating issues of technology impact on the business.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National’s Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provides programming expertise and business analysis skills within an assigned business area, usually as a member of a project team, in analyzing, designing, modifying, and developing business applications.
- Prepares programming specifications from which programs will be written, and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs.
- Prepares programming documentation and recommends changes in development, maintenance and application standards.
- Complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in business application design and development.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a business or data/programmer analyst required.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with industry standard tools and (i.e. Kotlin, Java, Android Studio) required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related disciplines preferred, or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- Expert level hands-on development expertise in the following programming languages: Kotlin (Required), Java (Required)
- Strong domain expertise in cloud application development (Azure Preferred)
- Extensive experience in creating engineering and architecture related documentation and other artifacts in support of large scale development efforts
- Hands-on expertise implementing and using DevOps and CICD techniques and technologies
- Breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required
- Security principles – encryption, authentication, authorization, integrity, auditing, pen testing etc. – and how these are applied in a mobile application
- Understanding of proper coding techniques and testing requirements.
- Proficient in debugging techniques and technical problem analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of project management technique is required.
- Experience with structured design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures.
- Complete understanding of Object Orientated Programming, MVC, MVVM, Reactive Patterns using RxJava/RxAndroid and the Android Application Architecture
- DevOps / continuous integration technologies
- Automated testing practices for Android
- Experience with networking, including HTTP, SOAP and REST
- The ability to self-learn and quickly understand new and changing technologies in a fast-moving cloud world, how and if these changes can be leveraged to improve the solution and the overall impact of these in the technical design and operational delivery
- Experience with iOS SDK with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text and a familiarity with Objective-C and Cocoa Touch is a PLUS
- Financial services (Banking) experience a plus
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we’ve always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Technology & Innovation
Work From Home
Location: Oakland, CA
Job date: Sat, 29 May 2021 05:55:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!