Job title: Software Developer-Experian Auto (Open to Remote)
Job description: Experian Automotive is searching for a Software Developer who will be a key contributor to the team. The candidate will possess a strong analytical mind, be a technical and creative thinker, have a strong aptitude for problem solving, and have zero tolerance for inefficiencies in software development. The ideal candidate will have excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, along with the fervent desire to continuously learn about different products and technologies. We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning.
You will be an architect and developer for various projects that involve creating deliverables. You will be responsible for the design and development of all layers of the application. This team is responsible for workflow automation and modernization/refactoring of legacy applications and processes. This position offers an excellent opportunity for technical and professional growth.
- Work with project team members in all phases of software development life cycle.
- Work with team to understand the project requirements, system architecture, technical design, and develop the application components based on the design.
- Provide recommendations on DataStage best practices and standards.
- Work with team to follow system test plans, ensure software quality assurance standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
- Interface with support, product management, project management, QA, DBAs, and other colleagues to support ongoing operations.
- Track and report development progress and performance daily.
- Prepare applicable documentation to hand off to in house developers as projects progress.
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse team and to communicate with others is crucial.
- Ability to mentor junior software developers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related field with significant software and computer science course work
- History of personal interest in computing and developing software
- Five plus years of experience working as part of team with the following:
- DBMSs such as Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DB2, Vertica
- Shell scripting, PERL, Python, SQL
- ETL tool (IBM DataStage REQUIRED)
- Version Control software such as CVS, Git, Subversion, SourceSafe
- BI tools (Tableau preferred)
- Jira Agile
- Software development lifecycle and Agile development methodology
- Excellent understanding of programming concepts and methods
- Excellent communication, analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving and time management skills
- Ability to seamlessly transition to high-priority projects and situations
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole,
Refer a Friend
Know someone who would be perfect for this role? Experian employees can refer a friend for an open role by clicking on the Recommend This Job button and choosing Grab a referral link (you must be logged in to do this). Once you have copied the link you can share it with your friend via email or social media. When your friend applies to the role using the link you provided, you will be captured as the referring employee. Simple as that!
External candidates can also share an open role with a friend by clicking on the Share this Job button.
Location: Lincoln, NE
Job date: Thu, 20 May 2021 23:57:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!